You might be someone who is a lover of the moon. Do you know how is a moon lover called in one beautiful word? Selenophile. A selenophile or moon lover is someone who enjoys any moon activity and is always amazed by the moon.
Are you a “look at the moon” kind of person, too?
Subconsciously, moon lovers have a fascination with moon phase knowledge and moon signs. In other words, no matter where they are or what day of the month it is, moon lovers will always find themselves looking at the moon and wondering about its phases or phenomenon.
A selenophile is also someone who loves moon-related subjects. Moon lovers may find themselves as moon worshippers and moon phase historians, moon sign enthusiasts, or moon catchers.
A moon lover is someone who likes to moon gaze or look at moon pictures. They may also be involved in moon photography, moon poetry, moon painting; collecting moon items, or looking at the moon from different places around the world.
Moon lovers usually fall in love with each phase of the moon because they find it magical and interesting. They attend moon festivals and are vastly interested in moon-related astrology.
A moon lover is someone who feels happy just by looking at the moon from day to day, perceiving its different colors, and seeing how it changes shape as it rises into the sky.
They follow moon rituals following the ancient beliefs that they hold mystical powers over them. If you have moon dreams and feel a deep and strong connection with the moon, then it can be a “calling” because moon dreams are an authentic form of psychic awareness.
READ: New Moon Ritual with the Use of Essential Oils and Crystals
If you are a moon lover then you will be interested in moon items such as moon accessories, moon art, moon artifacts, moon bracelets, or moon carvings because those objects come from the light of the full moon.
Moon lovers tend to acquire good energy by just moon bathing. They beam with pure joy and bliss when they do so because it makes them feel happy inside.
Moon lovers know moon phases, signs, and zodiacs well because those things are close to their hearts. A selenophile is not afraid to stay under the moonlight because moon phases inspire them to do moon magic.
Here are the 8 signs that you are a selenophile or a moon lover:
1. You have moon pictures as your desktop screensaver or wallpaper.
2. Your moon sign is often part of the first thing you tell people about yourself.
3. You’re always excited to see a full moon, especially if it’s a supermoon.
4. You moon gaze from different places around the world.
5. Your moon phase calendar says February 27 is a moon day and not a leap year day.
6. You are always looking for moon-related gifts for your friends and family; you especially love moon-shaped items, moon rocks, moon-phase moon boxes, and moon pendants.
7. You love moon walks outdoors, basking under the moonlit sky, moon bathing, and doing your moon rituals.
8. You have pictures from moon festivals on your wall and invite friends to attend moon festivals with you.
Everyone loves the moon and moon lovers are passionate about their love for the celestial body. They know that moon phases influence people’s lives a lot like how it controls the tides. Sometimes though, they don’t realize how much they affect everyone, even if they may not notice it consciously.
If you have moon signs in your wheel of the birth chart, then the moon ritual can benefit you to the extent that it amplifies your soul purpose, ignites the light within you, and recharges you completely.
READ NEXT: Selenophile Meaning: An Otherworldly Love for the Moon
Moon lovers as we are, we believe our Moon Mother has a spiritual connection to us humans because of the mystery and magic that draws us upon gazing or bathing under the moon. We are her children in a sense. She watches over us as we sleep and keeps us safe from evil spirits during the moonlit hours when we should be sleeping peacefully.
More Good Reads:
- How to Set Your Mind for Success from a Soul Level
- The Magic Behind Essential Oils: What Makes It Special?
- What are Essential Oils? Information Leaked from Ancient History